The Foundation for Jewish Culture and its league of performing arts presenters have commissioned Monajat (Fervent Prayer), a multimedia concert by composer, singer, and scholar Galeet Dardashti which will tour the United States in September 2011. Monajat, an evening of Middle Eastern musical poetry, inaugurates the New Jewish Culture Network, an initiative to create and deliver outstanding Jewish music and other art forms to audiences in the U.S. and beyond.
The six-city Monajat tour includes the following presenters:
- Next@19th in Miami | September 3, 2011, 9 pm
- The JCC in Manhattan co-sponsored by B’nai Jeshurun | September 10, 2011, 9:00 pm
- Boston Jewish Music Festival and New Center for Arts and Culture at Granoff Music Center, Tufts University | September 15, 2011, 8 pm
- The JCC of Houston | September 18, 2011, 7 pm
- The Hub of the JCC of San Francisco | September 24, 2011, 8 pm
- Grand Performances in Los Angeles | September 25, 2011, 8 pm